Listverse Logo Design Competition
I am very excited to announce our logo design competition. The idea first popped up in the site forums and shortly after a webdesigner suggested that we get a logo and update the pages a little. I would also love to do some merchandise – I really want a listverse cup! So we are now officially launching the Logo Competition.
The prize for the winning logo will be a $200 Amazon.Com voucher or $200 in cash – whichever is preferred by the winner – and the joy of seeing your logo on the top of every page of the site!
1. The logo must be original work of the submitter.
2. The logo should be vector graphics or submitted as a PSD.
3. The logo should be usable in monochrome and color media, including limited colors (say 2 or 3 colors).
4. The logo must not exploit or offend anyone’s sex, race, religion, morality, culture, nor be salacious, or pornographic.
5. The logo should be simple and should be usable as a mascot for the site. Remember that this will be going on merchandise.
6. You can create a mascot which does not include the name of the site (or any text for that matter) – but if you do please suggest and demonstrate a font and style to be used with your mascot on the site.
It would be preferable to use the colors on the site as a guide because I am planning to retain our color scheme when we update our design. For your information, the colors:
New links (bright organge/red)- RGB (216, 69, 25), CMYK (10, 87, 100, 2)
Visited links (dark orange/red) – RGB (124, 42, 16), CMYK (31, 89, 100, 38)
The deadline for submissions is 23:59:59 UTC on January 31, 2008
Each submission should include the following information and should be sent to email@example.com
1. High resolution print-ready scalable vector format (such as portable EPS, SVG or Adobe Illustrator AI), or PSD.
2. JPEG or PNG thumbnail with a resolution of 640 x 480.
3. Design concept / description.
4. Submitter’s full name, username on the List Universe, and email address.
The List Universe (Jamie Frater) will acquire ownership of the winning logo by assignment of copyright, and the winning designer will disclaim any trademarks and without limitation all other rights related to the design.
By submitting a logo for entry in the competition, the designer acknowledges that he/she is the person that made the logo and is its rightful owner.
The designer also certifies that the logo does not infringe upon the rights of any third party and that it does not violate any copyright.
Questions and Answers
Q: Can I submit more than one logo?
A: You can submit as many logos as you like
Q: What if you hate all the logos sent in?
A: There will be no winner and we will relaunch the competition at another time.
Q: I am unsure of something – can I ask you a question?
A: Ask any questions in the comments of this page and I will answer them.
Q: Do you accept overseas submissions?
A: Of course! Anyone from anywhere can enter.
For discussions on this competition, check out the Logo Competition Forum