Who's Behind Listverse?
Jamie founded Listverse due to an insatiable desire to share fascinating, obscure, and bizarre facts. He has been a guest speaker on numerous national radio and television stations and is a five time published author.More About Us
30 Unfortunate Quotes
With the press at every political and public event, unfortunate comments now become a part of the public record. This is a list of some of the more unfortunate quotes from people in the public eye.
1. “And I’m supposed to believe that Reagan was a great leader? This is who he chose as the Secretary of Education…” -Former Education Secretary William Bennett
2. “Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country.” -Mayor Marion Barry, Washington, D.C.
3. “The internet is a great way to get on the net.” – Bob Dole, Republican presidential candidate
Learn how to speak with Yes, I Could Care Less: How to Be a Language Snob Without Being a Jerk at Amazon.com!
4. “Screw the Buddhists and kill the Muslims.” -Henry Jordan, South Carolina board of education (when another board member said the displaying of the Ten Commandments in public schools might offend students of other religions)
5. “We don’t necessarily discriminate. We simply exclude certain types of people.” -Colonel Gerald Wellman
6. “China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese.” – Charles De Gaulle, former French President
7. “The world is more like it is now then it ever has before.” – Dwight Eisenhower
8. “A billion here, a billion there, sooner or later it adds up to real money.” – Everett Dirksen, Congressman
9. “Traditionally, most of Australia’s imports come from overseas.” – Former Australian cabinet minister Keppel Enderbery
10. “We’re going to move left and right at the same time.” – Jerry Brown, Governor of California
11. “Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein.”-Joe Theismann, former NFL football quarterback and sports analyst
12. “I always used to put my right boot on first, and then obviously my right sock.” – Barry Venison
13. “Sure there have been injuries and deaths in boxing – but none of them serious.” – Alan Minter, Boxer
14. “Men, I want you just thinking of one word all season. One word and one word only: Super Bowl.” – Bill Peterson, football coach
15. “Strangely, in slow motion replay, the ball seemed to hang in the air for even longer.” – David Acfield
Discover a universe full of ridiculously interesting facts with Listverse.com’s Epic Book of Mind-Boggling Top 10 Lists
16. It’s a humbling thing being humble.” – Former Ohio State running back Maurice Clarett
17. “I have a God-given talent. I got it from my dad.” – Julian Wakefield, Missouri basketball player
18. “He’s a guy who gets up at six o’clock in the morning regardless of what time it is.” – Lou Duva, veteran boxing trainer, on the Spartan training regime of heavyweight Andrew Golota.
19. “Well, I used to look like this when I was young and now I still do.” – Yogi Berra
20. “Sometimes they write what I say and not what I mean.” – Pedro Guerrero, major leaguer
21. “The Bible commands that we hate.” -H. A. (Buster) Dobbs
22. “We just want Jews to be perfected, as they say.” -Ann Coulter
23. “Smoking kills. If you’re killed, you’ve lost a very important part of your life.” -Brooke Shields
24. “I get to go to lots of overseas places, like Canada”. -Britney Spears
25. “Most cars on our roads have only one occupant, usually the driver.” – Carol Malia, BBC Anchorwoman
26. “We don’t like their sound. Groups of guitars are on the way out.” -Decca Records Rejecting the Beatles
27. “I don’t diet. I just don’t eat as much as I’d like to.” – Linda Evangelista, Supermodel
28. “A bachelor’s life is no life for a single man.” – Samuel Goldwyn
29. “Are you going to ask that question with shades on?” – George Bush to blind reporter Peter Wallsten
30. “The gavel of the speaker of the House is in the hands of special interests, and now it will be in the hands of America’s children.” – Nancy Pelosi, on the prospect of Democrats winning back Congress
Contributor: Nathan Adams