Show Mobile Navigation
Mysteries |

10 More Fascinating Conspiracies

by FlameHorse
fact checked by brunobanana

Rapidly catching up to our unsolved mysteries lists is our series on conspiracy theories. Thanks to the hard work of FlameHorse we now have fifty complete conspiracy theories listed on the site. This is likely to be the last in the series for quite some time. To view the older lists, go here.


Denver International Airport


Denver International Airport is the largest airport in the United States, and the third largest in the world. Conspiracy theorists crawl all over this as the secret cover for the New World Order’s underground headquarters. Their reasoning is that the base is abnormally far from Denver’s center, 25 miles. The airport is extremely expansive, and boasts a very strange architectural appearance. The main building is comprised on a tent structure, similar to a circus tent, made of white fabric, that is designed to remind the visitor of the snow-capped Rocky Mountains, which can be seen from the airport.

But theorists claim that it is designed to resemble Indian teepees, in an effort to appease the dead Indians buried here. It is a fact that the main airport building is centered precisely on what once was an Indian burial ground. But creepier than this are the weird murals in the main building. Their designers claim to have been required to use such symbols as the Nazi Black Sun, and a scene depicting the destruction of a city and forest, with a girl holding a Mayan tablet prophesying the end of the world, and any conspiracy theorist will tell you that the room’s name, “The Great Hall,” is an obvious reference to Freemasonry.

It is a fact that the murals were commissioned by Wilma Webb, wife of Denver’s mayor, and that she conducted a Masonic dedication of the airport just before its opening.


The Bilderberg Group


Of all the New World Order conspiracy theories, this one sounds the most plausible. They are a real organization that meets once or, at most, twice a year, renting out entire floors of remote and expensive hotels. No one knows who the members are, except other members, of which there may be 20, or several hundred.

They are thought to be powerful financiers, businessmen, politicians, and generals, whose sole intent is to control the world’s economies, wars, politics, anything that helps them make money. Henry Kissinger is known to have been a member at one time. Tony Blair is rumored to be one. Both Bushes are rumored to be members, as is Vladimir Putin.

Their bodyguards at these meetings are privately-hired mercenaries. The group was formed during the Cold War by Joseph Retinger, who was the CEO of the European Movement, a progressive organization designed with the aim of a single world government. The EM was funded by the CIA, and its contacts were a who’s who of global governmental and military powers. Retinger believed that the world could be at peace if peace could be brokered among a small group of the world’s elite, leaving the public out of the equation.

The problem with Retinger’s idea is that the Bilderberg Group must have absolute power to pull this off, and if it has that much power, war can be brokered just as readily as peace. The theory claims that the Bilderberg Group marketed all the major wars of the last half a century, beginning with the Korean War, and including both Gulf Wars, and the War in Afghanistan.

The most convincing evidence against them is that they are known to have discussed, in 1955, the need for a tightly bound European Market. A year and a half later, the European Common Market was established by the Treaty of Rome.

Whenever the phrase “single world government” crops up, conspiracy theorists whip out the Revelation. The Revelation describes the Antichrist as not taking over the world by force, but by charm, as a politician. The theory now purports that one of the Bilderberg Group’s members is in fact possessed by Satan, who is slowly but surely drawing his plans against us.

Reporters are not allowed into hotel premises while the Group meets, and have been threatened at gunpoint to leave. Jon Ronson, a journalist of Channel 4 News, in the UK, sneaked past security and spied on one of these meetings at the summer retreat Bohemian Grove, during which he claims that a human effigy was burned beneath a statue of a 40 foot owl.


Karen Silkwood

Karen Silkwood 225

Karen Silkwood was a chemical technician at the Kerr-McGee Nuclear Power Plant outside Crescent, OK, from 1973 to her death on November 13 of the next year. Her job was manufacturing plutonium pellets for nuclear reactor fuel rods, which is also Homer Simpson’s job at the Springfield Power Plant.

As soon as she began working at the plant she joined a labor union and became one of its chief speakers and strike organizers, complaining of numerous health code violations: workers were being exposed to nuclear contamination, their respiratory equipment was grossly faulty, nuclear samples and waste were improperly stored, and worst of all, there were not enough shower facilities to accommodate all the plant’s workers. This meant that after working with plutonium-239, which is extraordinarily poisonous, workers were going home to their families with plutonium residue possibly on their clothing.

Plutonium-239 is the isotope typically used in nuclear weapons and reactor fuel. It has a half-life of 24,100 years, and is more poisonous by inhalation or skin contact than hydrogen cyanide. Silkwood testified about these problems to the Atomic Energy Commission in the summer of 1974. She alleged among other things that workers were not handling the fuel rods correctly, and that Kerr-McGee knew this and was falsifying reports to save money and avoid lawsuits.

On November 5, 1974, she performed a routine self-check and found almost 400 times the legal limit for plutonium contamination. She was decontaminated at the plant and sent home with a testing kit to collect urine and feces for further analysis. Oddly, though there was plutonium on the exterior surfaces of the gloves she had been using, the gloves had no holes in them. This means that the contamination did not come from inside the glovebox, but somewhere else.

She tested positive for plutonium the next morning at the plant, even though she had not gone anywhere near any plutonium. She was decontaminated more intensely. The next morning, upon arrival for work, she was so contaminated that she was exhaling plutonium. A health team took her home and tested her house, and found plutonium everywhere, especially in the bathroom and refrigerator.

She and her spouse and children were flown to the Los Alamos National Laboratory to be tested in depth. No one has agreed to this day how she was contaminated so intensely over a 3-day period. She claimed that she being deliberately poisoned, probably by the plant, to keep her quiet. Kerr-McGee countered that she had poisoned herself, to blame and sue the plant. It is a fact that at the time, security was so light, that workers could smuggle plutonium pellets out in their lunchboxes. One worker gave a pellet to his son to take to show-and-tell at school.

Kerr-McGee found several pieces of lab equipment in her house, including beakers and test tubes, and accused her of contaminating herself to sue them. She countered that she had no idea any such equipment was in he house and accused the plant of breaking in and putting it there to kill her.

By November 13, she had a large stack of documents proving her claims, she said. A witness testified that she had a binder and papers. She left a union meeting that morning, and drove for Oklahoma City, 30 miles away. Her car was found that evening, having run off the road and smashed into a concrete bridge railing. She was dead and there were no documents in her car. Quaaludes were found inside, and twice the dose for drowsiness was found in her blood. But skid marks were found leading to her car, indicating that she slammed on the brakes and desperately tried to get back on the road, while being pushed from behind by another vehicle. This means she was awake at the time of her death, but the official cause of death, overseen by a plant employee was “one-car sleeping-driver accident.”

Her family sued Kerr-McGee and won 1.38 million.

The conspiracy theory states that there must have been a very good reason for Kerr-McGee to take such a risk in putting a hit out on someone as publicly known by then as Karen Silkwood. A reason better than proof of lax security and occupational hazards. A federal investigation the next year discovered that an amount between 44 and 66 pounds of plutonium-239 went missing from the plant. It is still missing, and the theorists believe that ex-Kerr-McGee chairmen know exactly where it is, or to whom it was sold. The company was shut down in 1975, and the site is still being decontaminated after 30 years.

44 pounds of plutonium can make 4 nuclear weapons, each powerful enough to level all 5 boroughs of New York City.


The Port Chicago Explosion

Ed Port Chicago 4

A very insidious theory. On July 17, 1944, the Port Chicago Naval Magazine in Port Chicago, CA, blew up, and killed 320 sailors and civilians, and injured 390 others. Most of the dead and injured were enlisted black sailors.

The port served as a final munitions depot for naval vessels about to depart for the Pacific Theater. The black sailors were required to offload and store these munitions, of all types, even though none of them had ever been trained in handling munitions. Black sailors at the time were given the menial labor jobs of cooking, cleaning, and loading ships with non-dangerous gear, such as food, cooking utensils, engine repair equipment, etc.

The SS E. A. Bryan docked at the inboard, landward side of Port Chicago’s single 1,500-foot pier at 8:15 a.m. on July 13, 1944. It arrived at the dock with empty cargo holds but was carrying a full load of 5,292 barrels of bunker C heavy fuel oil for its intended trip across the Pacific Ocean. At 10 a.m. that same day, seamen from the ordnance battalion began loading the ship with munitions. After four days of around-the-clock loading, about 4,600 tons of explosives had been stored in its holds. The ship was about 40% full by the evening of July 17.

At 10 p.m., Division Three’s 98 men were loading E. A. Bryan with 1,000-pound bombs into No. 3 hold, 40 mm shells into No. 5 hold, and fragmentation cluster bombs into No. 4 hold. Incendiary bombs were being loaded as well; these bombs weighed 650 pounds each and were “live”—they had their fuzes installed. The incendiary bombs were being loaded carefully one at a time into No. 1 hold—the hold with a winch brake that might have been inoperable.

The sailors had been told that none of the munitions were live, because they had no fuzes, and thus could not detonate. This was incorrect, and led them not to becoming careless.

A boxcar delivery containing a new airborne anti-submarine depth charge bomb design, the Mark 47 armed with 252 pounds of torpex, was being loaded into No. 2 hold. The torpex charges were more sensitive than TNT to external shock and container dents. On the pier, resting on three parallel rail spurs, were sixteen rail cars holding about 430 tons of explosives. In all, the munitions on the pier and in the ship contained the equivalent of approximately 2 kilotons of TNT.

At 10:18 p.m., witnesses reported hearing a noise described as “a metallic sound and rending timbers, such as made by a falling boom.” Immediately afterward, an explosion occurred on the pier and a fire started. Between five and seven seconds later, a more powerful explosion took place as the majority of the ordnance within and near the SS E. A. Bryan detonated in a huge fireball some 3 miles in diameter. Chunks of glowing hot metal and burning ordnance were flung over 12,000 feet into the air. The E. A. Bryan was completely destroyed and the Quinault was blown out of the water, torn into sections and thrown in several directions; the stern landed upside down in the water 500 feet away. U.S. Coast Guard fire boat CG-60014-F was thrown 600 feet upriver, where it sank. The pier, along with its boxcars, locomotive, rails, cargo and men, was blasted into pieces. Nearby boxcars, waiting within their revetments to be unloaded at midnight, were bent inward and crumpled by the force of the shock.

The port’s barracks and other buildings and much of the surrounding town were severely damaged. Shattering glass and a rain of jagged metal and undetonated munitions caused many additional injuries among both military and civilian populations, although no one outside the immediate pier area was killed. Nearly $9.9 million worth of damage ($120 million in current value) was caused to U.S. Government property. Seismographs at the University of California, Berkeley sensed the two shockwaves traveling through the ground, determining the second, larger event to be equivalent to an earthquake measuring 3.4 on the Richter scale.

The conspiracy theory claims that this explosion was not caused by handling error, but was a deliberate test of a nuclear bomb. It was studied by the same team working on the Manhattan Project at the time, and this team concluded that the resulting damage was typical of a small nuclear explosion, not a conventional one. In 1980, Peter Vogel discovered a photograph by Paul Masters, a technician at Los Alamos, which had the caption “ball of fire mushroom out at 18,000 ft in typical Port Chicago fashion.”

Theorists believe that the bomb was tested on black sailors to study the effects of the blast on humans, since this had never been observed, and the testers, high-ranking authorities in the U. S. Government, considered the munitions depot the perfect cover, and further, an accident predominantly resulting in the deaths of black sailors was less likely to kick up a fuss.


The Alien Base under Antarctica

The Thing Antarctic Base

This theory is quite massive and earth-shattering in scope. It has made it into one of the X-Files movies. It claims that either there are aliens currently alive under the Antarctic ice, or the remains of an ancient alien civilization is there. They artificially created the ice to cover their base, and if there now, they are working on various insidious experiments studying embryonic alien gestation in the host-bodies of humans.

The most astounding part of this theory is that it has a singular monumental article of evidence in support of it: the Piri Reis map, drawn in 1513. Piri Reis was an Arabic admiral (and pirate), who charted most of the South Atlantic Ocean, with such awe-inspiring accuracy that theorists speculate that he did not draw the map, but was given it by aliens, who charted the actual coastline of Antarctica. The coastline of Antarctica cannot be seen today, as it is covered by ice to an average depth of 1 mile.

So how did Piri Reis chart it? The question remains, “Did he chart it correctly, or just guess?” NASA has taken X-ray, false-color, and infrared satellite photographs of the continent since satellites have been in orbit. Their findings match Piri Reis’s map precisely. They have argued that the map is a forgery from much later in the 1800s. Antarctica wasn’t discovered until 1818.

But to claim that the map is forged betrays secrecy. What would NASA want to hide? An alien base, with which they are in cahoots, in exchange for alien technology, or just to keep the remains secret for their private study.


The Bermuda Triangle

Geuu 02 Img0437

You already know a lot about the so-called Bermuda Triangle. The three points are Bermuda, Miami, and Puerto Rico. Many planes and more than 50 ships, many of them gargantuan cargo ships, have disappeared without a trace in this area, and no one has agreed on a universal cause.

Conspiracy theorists have put forward some astonishing and terrifying possibilities of just what the Triangle is, and they all claim something to do with time travel. It is a fact that the Bermuda Triangle is one of only two places on Earth where a compass does not point to North. The other place is the North Pole. In the Bermuda Triangle, the compass spins. Pilots and ships no longer have to reply on compasses, and this has not caused problems for most people.

But for the people who had problems, the results leave you in awe. The most convincing evidence that there is something supernatural (or unexplained by science) going on in the Triangle occurred on June 7, 1964, when Carolyn Cascio flew her Cessna, with one passenger, from Nassau, Bahamas, destined for Grand Turk Island. This is a trip of 465 miles one way, southeast.

Keep in mind that all of the following is verifiably true.
Cascio left Nassau Airport, traveling southeast toward Cockburn Town, Grand Turk Island, and around her expected time of arrival, she radioed to Nassau Airport, firstly that her compass was “spinning erratically,” and then that she could not raise JAGs McCartney International Airport, of Cockburn, on the radio. She apparently left her microphone keyed in the open position, thus enabling JAGs Airport control to hear the conversation between the pilot and her passenger. What follows is an extract from that dialogue.

Cascio: “I don’t understand this. I must have made a wrong turn. This should be Grand Turk, but there’s nothing down there, no airport, no houses.”
Passenger: “Right,”

Cascio: “It’s the right place on the map, and the shape is right and all, but this island looks uninhabited. Look, no buildings, no roads, nothing. It has to be Grand Turk, but it’s not there. It looks like Grand Turk but it just can’t be.”

At the same time that she claimed to be circling the island, people in many places on Grand Turk Island claimed to see a small airplane circle the island for approximately 30 minutes.

JAGs Airport, having seen her with the naked eye and on radar, tried desperately to contact her, but was never able to do so. It was assumed that most attempts to do so would fail due to her open-mic position, but several times while she circled, her conversation with her passenger was interrupted by static for 1 to 3 seconds. Airport control took these to be moments at which she was attempting to radio the Airport. At this point, JAGs Airport control knew that something was seriously wrong. Cascio was flying directly above the airport in clear conditions but apparently could not see it. All attempts to contact her over the radio failed.

After half an hour of circling, the airport picked up Cascio’s last words: “Is there no way out of this?” She then apparently made a decision to fly to another island. In bewilderment, the entire airport staff watched as she banked sharply to the left and flew out across the sea. The airplane flew into a low-lying cloudbank, but was not seen exiting the other side. On her return trip, she was able to radio Nassau Airport that she was convinced that she must not be over Grand Turk Island, although her charts indicated that the island below was the exact shape of Grand Turk Island, and where Grand Turk Island should have been. But because she could find no airport at which to land, she was forced to depart.

She decided to return on exactly the same course she had taken, northwest for Nassau, Bahamas, placing the afternoon sun at her 10 o’clock position. She radioed that she expected to have sufficient fuel for the return trip, but that in case of emergency, she would land at any airport or airstrip on the way, as she would be in the vicinity of various Bahamian islands for the entire trip.

She remained in radio contact with Nassau for approximately 30 more minutes, after which she was never heard from again. No radio transmission from either Cascio or Nassau Airport was picked up by any interposing radio station. An extensive search turned up no sign of airplane wreckage or human survivors. No one on any island, over or near which she passed, reported seeing a return trip of her airplane.

Conspiracy theorists generally believe that Cascio flew through a rip in space-time, and arrived over Grand Turk Island at some point in the distant past, before the island had undergone urban development of any kind, or become inhabited by humans. This theory requires that her radio transmissions were able to pass through the rip in space-time and back to Nassau Airport at the present day. This theory also requires that the present-day inhabitants of Grand Turk Island were able to see her plane circle the island for 30 minutes, though it had already passed through the rip in space-time, or was still inside the rip.

Because no sign of her, her passenger, or her airplane was ever found, this theory continues that during her return for Nassau, she flew through the same rip in space-time and was not able to return to the present day, thus landing at some point in the past. If this were true, it would still be possible to find the remains of her airplane, but as yet, no wreckage has been found, neither on land nor in the ocean.


The Odessa


A conspiracy theory’s got to have a creepy name. It is alleged that near the end of WWII, when Germany knew all was lost, many high-ranking Nazis secretly escaped to countries with no extradition policies, like Argentina and Indonesia. These Nazis include Hitler, according to the theory, who was never caught.

The Odessa was in 3 divisions, the first headed by Otto Skorzeny (pictured above), who devised a way of smuggling Nazis out of Europe. The second, headed by Reinhard Gehlen, the chief of Nazi Intelligence, was a global organization of Nazi spies, based in Munich, which would called itself “the Org.” The third, headed by Martin Bormann, oversaw the smuggling of Nazi gold, most of it stolen from Jews, out of Europe.

But the most insidious chapter of this theory involves the cooperation of the U. S. Government. The Nazis would never have made it through Allied sealanes all the way down the Atlantic, or North past England for the North Pole and beyond. The OSS, which became the CIA, aided some Nazis in escaping, in exchange for technology.

Otto Skorzeny, the primary architect of The Odessa was captured by Americans, and yet never faced a war crimes tribunal. He was released in 1947. Gehlen is rumored to have used $200 million in American taxes to establish “the Org” into a permanent Nazi spy ring.

Project Paperclip, which is factual, led to the importation of Nazis scientists, including Wernher von Braun, were brought to work for NASA, and the theory claims that without such assistance, there never would have been a CIA or a moon landing.

When Gehlen was caught by Americans, he bargained for his release by offering microfilm copies of all intelligence that Nazi spies had gleaned from Russia. The OSS immediately made a deal for this intelligence and removed Gehlen’s name from its list of Nazi war criminals.

The head of the OSS at this time, Alan Dulles, had an older brother named John Dulles, who was Secretary of State under Eisenhower, and the American liaison to IG Farben, a pharmaceutical company that had a plant operating inside Auschwitz, and manufactured the Zyklon-B crystals used in the gas chambers.




The theory alleges that the Egyptians traveled to England and built Stonehenge around 3500 to 2500 BC, with Jewish labor, or else aliens constructed it. The most convincing evidence for extra-terrestrial construction is that the entire site has no fields of discarded waste rocks, pebbles, boulders that were never used, etc. The area around Stonehenge is immaculately grassy, and this is not the case with the Giza Pyramid Complex. There are huge blocks of stone all over the desert around the pyramids.

How could primitive people have moved the blocks for Stonehenge from 250 miles away without leaving any trace of the journey? Many of the blocks are known to have come from a quarry 20 miles away, but at 25 tons per block, this is still an incredible feat. The 250-mile journey from Wales was made for the bluestones, which comprise the inner circle of Stonehenge.

Aside from the immaculate surroundings, the entire structure is built on the basis of the square root of 3. It seems unlikely that the Druids, who most think built it, would have had such command of mathematics in 3500 BC. And why the importance on the square root of 3?

The Egyptians were outstanding astronomers, and built the Giza Pyramids to correspond with both the Orion Constellation, and the path of the sun and the moon. Stonehenge does the same thing. The inner circle is arranged in such a way that solar and lunar eclipses can be predicted by lining the sun or moon up with the stones. The square root of 3 features prominently in the Giza Pyramid Complex.

If aliens did not build it, the Egyptians may have built it using alien technology, in order to honor their extraterrestrial visitors. The same has been theorized for the Giza Pyramids.


The Sphinx


Standard theory states that the Sphinx was carved from a limestone outcropping of the Giza Plateau sometime after 2540 BC. Conspiracy theorists claim that it was built around 10,000 BC, by Atlanteans. John West and Robert Schock, Egyptologists, have agreed that the erosion of the Sphinx was caused not by sand and wind, but by water, and the only time this could have happened was 10,000 years ago. But there weren’t even Egyptians then.

It is a fact that in 1996, archaeologists from Florida State University discovered rooms and tunnels in front of it. A year earlier, a door was uncovered in the side, to which the Egyptian authorities immediately barred admittance, with armed personnel patrolling it at all times now. I know a few professors at FSU in the archaeology department that have confirmed these discoveries. Egypt has banned all excavations of the Sphinx, complaining that it is being damaged, which is something archaeologists are very careful not to do.

The Sphinx is a major landmark in Freemasonry, and Egyptian Freemasonry teaches that its wisdom and traditions come directly from Atlantean survivors, who built the Sphinx after Atlantis vanished from the face of the Earth, and founded Egyptian civilization. Masonic Egyptologists are currently suppressing this truth, and any secrets that the Sphinx may hold underground.

The chambers and tunnels in front of and under the Sphinx were proved true in February 2000, when Egyptian archaeologists discovered a tomb of Osiris 100 feet underground between the Pyramid Khafre and the Sphinx. They did not use robots, but a young boy, who was lowered by rope into the tomb and was able to walk around inside and even up and down part of the causeway leading from the Pyramid to the Sphinx.


The Rendlesham Forest Incident


Few conspiracy theories are as strongly corroborated as “England’s Roswell.” I can’t believe I forgot to put it on a previous list. There are more witnesses to this event than to the Roswell Incident. On December 26, 1980, at 3 a. m., an Unidentified Flying Object was reported by a security patrol near the East Gate of RAF Woodbridge. Servicemen initially thought it was a downed aircraft but, upon entering the forest to investigate, they saw many strange lights moving through the trees, as well as a bright light from an unidentified object. The lights were red, blue, yellow, and the bright one fairly white. Shortly after 4 a.m. local police were called to the scene but reported that the only lights they could see were those from the Orford Ness lighthouse, about 10 miles away on the coast.

Some of the airmen claim to have seen a conical metallic object, suspended in a yellow mist, hovering over a clearing in the trees, with a pulsating blue and red circle of light above. One eyewitness claims to have seen triangular landing gear on the object leaving three impressions in the ground that were visible the next day. The servicemen further claimed that the object seemed to move away from them as they approached, and they followed it out into a field. Some reports claim that local farmyard animals had been behaving in a state of fear and panic, although this was an arable farm and had no animals.

The airmen were allegedly debriefed, threatened with death, and ordered to sign documents that vowed silence; one even claimed to have been forced to sign a document claiming the UFO was a lighthouse. Some reports suggest that they were reportedly ordered to stay quiet, with the warning “bullets are cheap.” The base commander, Lieutenant Colonel Charles I. Halt, however, claimed in a 2008 interview for U.S. news channel CNN that to this day he has not been debriefed over the incident.
After daybreak on the morning of 26 December, servicemen returned to the small clearing where the conical object had been seen, and found three small impressions in a triangular pattern, as well as burn marks and broken branches on nearby trees. They measured the impressions and found them to be form the points of an equilateral triangle. Plaster casts of the imprints were taken and have been shown in television documentaries. At 10.30 a.m. the local police were called out again, this time to see the impressions on the ground, which they thought could have been made by rabbits. This seems extremely unlikely, given that they formed a perfect triangle, and it does not explain scorch marks on the trees, or broken branches.

The servicemen returned to the site again in the early hours of December 28, 1980 with radiation detectors, although the significance of the readings they obtained is disputed. Lt. Col Halt investigated this sighting personally and recorded the events on a micro-cassette recorder. Transcriptions of this tape are available free on the Internet. Google it. The site investigated by Halt was near the eastern edge of the forest, at approximately 52° 05’ 20” N, 1° 26’ 57” E. You can find this on Google Earth, but there are few pictures, and nothing really to see but woods.

It was during this investigation that a flashing light was seen across the field to the east, almost in line with a farmhouse. Later, starlike lights were seen in the sky to the north and south, the brightest of which seemed to beam down a stream of light from time to time.
There are claims that the incident was videoed by the USAF, but, if so, the resulting tape has not been made public. Conspiracy theorists claim that this was a routine meeting between aliens and the militaries of Great Britain and the United States, which has an airbase in the same area, and both bases are known to have housed stockpiled nuclear weapons at the time.

The explanation of mistaking the Orford Lighthouse for a UFO does not hold firm given that it is very easy to distinguish a red or blue light from a white one. The Lighthouse’s light is typically white, but in some atmospheric conditions can appear yellowish. It cannot be mistaken as red or blue.

The meetings is purported to have been for discussion of the human race’s nuclear armament. The aliens did not intend to give us an ultimatum, but rather wanted to use Earth for various studies. This links to the Antarctic Base theory, and the Dulce Base theory, among others.

fact checked by brunobanana