Who's Behind Listverse?
Jamie founded Listverse due to an insatiable desire to share fascinating, obscure, and bizarre facts. He has been a guest speaker on numerous national radio and television stations and is a five time published author.More About Us
Paid Submissions Starting Today
Because we have just launched on our new host and I have a huge amount of admin responsibilities at the moment (especially with the up and coming site redesign) we are going to run a competition – both to bring in some new lists from our readers and to give us some great content for the site redesign (coming in December or January).
In the past we have run a number of competitions to bring our lurking list writers out into the open. These competitions have elicited some incredibly high quality posts that we have all enjoyed reading. This month we are going to offer a new style of competition. ALL lists sent in for the next four weeks (November 3 – December 3) will go into the draw to win $2,000 US in cash. The caveat (that means the fine print,) is that the list must be unique to the site (in other words, it can’t appear on the internet anywhere else), it must be at least 1,000 words long (that’s roughly 100 words an entry), it must be entirely your own words: no quoting wikipedia, and it must be clear and excellent English. The competition is open to the entire planet. Funds can be transferred to any part of the world (except North Korea and a few other countries which probably can’t even see this) via bank transfer or paypal. Submit your entries here. Text only is required – you do not need to submit images or video clips unless you wish to do so.
Just to clarify the rules I will put them in bullet points:
1. Lists must arrive between now and midnight GMT December 3.
2. Lists must be unique – they mustn’t appear elsewhere on the net
3. Lists must be your own work – no copying wikipedia, books, or other sites
4. Excellent English is required
5. Entries are open to the entire planet
6. Images or youtube clips are not required but are a plus.
7. The prize is $2,000 US payable via bank transfer or paypal to citizens of any country.
8. You may enter as many times as you like
The winner will be chosen at random from all the entries; everyone has an equal chance at the prize. Good luck!